Pages

Friday 17 March 2017

Ken Hitchcock Says Farewell

When it comes to sports, most fans have short memories, especially of coaches. And that's too bad.

Coaching is a tireless job that likely doesn't receive the respect it's due. To be great, these coaches are often the first in the building and the last ones out. They deal with interpersonal issues every day. And, often sacrifice time with their family in order to prepare for upcoming games.



That's why it was important to flag this statement by former St. Louis Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock.

Hitchcock has been fairly quiet since he was fired, but he has issued a public statement to the team and the community. It's worth a read, especially given the amount this man has given to the game.

Here's a little snippet from his statement:
"Finally, to the St. Louis Blues fans, I want to thank you for your unwavering support. I have received countless notes of appreciation over the last few days and it truly means the world to me. St. Louis is an amazing sports town with some of the most knowledgeable fans in the world. I am eternally grateful to have been part of the Blues organization and to have made St. Louis my home over the last six years. The friendships I've developed and the memories I have made here will last me a lifetime."

No comments:

Post a Comment